Keep your HVAC unit running smoothly, use less energy, and stay cool this summer with a routine HVAC maintenance and air conditioning tune-up.
Schedule an Air Conditioning Tune-Up in 3 Easy Steps
- Contact us. Don’t try conducting your own air conditioning tune-up no matter how many Youtube videos you’ve seen! Give us a call and schedule your annual HVAC maintenance check-up before the hottest days of summer come. A professional is needed to prevent damaging your air conditioner and to ensure that it’s properly maintained.
- Always schedule for spring. We highly recommend you schedule your HVAC tune-up in the spring. You’ll avoid a major breakdown during the summer, when the temperature is at its peak. Like any other complicated machine, routine maintenance will keep your system running more efficient for longer.
- Know your basics. Here’s a quick checklist to go over with your HVAC contractor when they arrive:
• Check for proper refrigerant levels
• Check all electrical components and controls
• Clean evaporator and condenser coils
• Check oil motors
• Calibrate thermostat
• Check the condenser
• Check, clean and/or replace furnace filters
Just like a car, your air conditioner needs regular maintenance. Your service technician will clean what he finds dirty, such as your coils, and perform any needed repairs. Regular tune-ups can save hundreds of dollars in repairs annually.
For some quick air conditioning tune-up tips:
- Change your air filter every month to help unit run at peak efficiency.
- Keep thermostat away from any heat sources for accurate measurements.
- Set thermostat as high as possible. For every 1 degree you raise the thermostat, energy and costs decrease by about 3%.
- Keep windows, drapes, and shades closed while the sun is out to reduce solar heat gain.
For even more air conditioning tips and tricks, see our other blog posts: