Lightning Strike Evaluation Newark DE
At Boulden Brothers, we understand that lightning strikes can be a severe hazard. We offer lightning strike evaluation services to Newark, DE, clients. Our experienced Electricians are certified to evaluate commercial and residential properties for potential lightning strike damage.
The price you agree to is the final price of the Lightning Strike Evaluation service. Give yourself peace of mind with the Boulden Brothers emergency electrical services. Our clean, screened, trained, and trusted Lightning Strike Evaluation Electricians promise not to leave any stone unturned.
Put your trust in us for the ultimate comfort of a perfectly functioning electrical system. Rest assured that we’ll arrive when promised and get it right – the first time.
We use state-of-the-art equipment to inspect your property and assess the risk of future damage. Suppose we find any evidence of a lightning strike or other hazardous conditions. In that case, our team will provide detailed reports with recommendations on protecting your structure from future strikes.
We take great pride in offering comprehensive evaluations that help you make informed decisions about safety and security measures for your home or business.
Our experts also provide personalized advice about protecting yourself from harm during severe storms. With our reliable evaluations, you can rest assured that we safeguard your property from the dangers of lightning strikes.
Electrical Inspections After A Lightning Strike & Power Surge
Don’t hesitate to call Boulden Brothers when you experience a lightning strike or power surge. Our licensed electricians will give your system an immediate evaluation to identify any potential damage before it worsens.
In the meantime, check for functionality on all light switches, outlets, and landlines if using them in that location. To ensure everything is safe from further damage due to electrical surges, let our experienced Houston team take care of you!
What to check after a lightning strike?
A dangerous surge of electricity can cause severe destruction to the wiring and all electrical components in your home or business. Protect yourself from a potential disaster by taking proactive measures against power surges! Here’s what to check:
- Full or partial power outage – Lightning strikes can cause significant power outages in homes and businesses. Be sure to assess any potential damage following a strike, as it could be the source of your lost electricity!
- One or more tripped breakers – If your lights suddenly flicker and go out, it could result from a lightning strike causing an electrical surge that trips your circuit breakers. Inspect them for any damage to get back up and running quickly!
- Electronic devices and appliances no longer working – Circuit breakers may have been damaged or thrown, disrupting electricity flow.
- Charring of electrical outlets, switches, or wiring – Inspect your electrical and other outlets keenly to ensure they’re in good condition.
- Smoke detector not working – When lightning strikes, it can cause a power surge that may result in your smoke detector behaving erratically. Don’t panic; try resetting the device to see if it helps.
An unexpected surge can be hazardous when your wiring system has been affected. Thankfully, if this happens to you, most insurers will cover the cost of necessary repairs – taking away some of the pressure in potentially trying times.
What are common hidden electrical damages from lightning strikes and power surges?
Lightning strikes or power surges can do serious harm beyond what we see with the naked eye, making them some of the most dangerous threats.
Hidden damages may include:
- Electrical surprises such as loose or arcing wiring connections in your electrical panel, breaker box, and outlets can creep up. Remember to check attic junction boxes for electricity mishaps.
- Damage to internal electrical wiring and insulation leads to hazardous consequences.
- The grounding system has incurred extensive damage, so take the necessary steps for repairs.
- Major electrical components have been compromised, including the panel, meter base, riser, and primary service wiring. Don’t take the damage lightly; it may cause severe issues if left unchecked.
- Damage to life safety devices, i.e., GFCI and arc fault devices
- Most serious, compromising the electrical safety system in the home
If you suspect a power surge in your home or business, don’t resort to amateurs – hire an experienced and qualified professional Lightning Strike Evaluation electrician. Skilled and licensed technicians are trained explicitly for this work because properly evaluating, identifying, and resolving electrical problems requires proper equipment and experience.
Unaddressed issues can be dangerous; haphazard repairs cost more than necessary while posing safety risks- so go with the best pros.
Why choose Boulden Brothers for your Lightning Strike Evaluation service?
Call the expert Electricians at Boulden Brothers for your Lightning Strike Evaluation and electrical emergency services. We are licensed and insured and serve customers across New Castle County, Delaware, Southern Chester County, Pennsylvania, and Cecil Country, Maryland.
Our experienced crew of clean, screened, trained, and trusted Boulden Brothers Electricians can help with your Lightning Strike Evaluation services.
At Boulden Brothers, we know trust and reliability are essential. That’s why our certified Electricians arrive when promised. We will complete all the Lightning Strike Evaluation services without surprises.
We’re committed to creating long-term relationships – so you can count on us: “You Call. We Come. It’s Fixed – Guaranteed.”