Since 1946, The Boulden family has maintained a commitment to delivering timely service by trained professionals you can trust.
- 1946: Omar & Urie Boulden, Sr. start Boulden Brothers Coal in Newark, DE
- 1947: Seeing a decreased demand for coal, Omar & Urie, Sr. add heating oil to the business
- 1959: Urie Boulden, Jr. starts Boulden Oil Co. in Earleville, MD
- 1963: Urie, Jr. purchases Boulden Brothers and changes name to Boulden Oil Co.
- 1964: Boulden Oil purchases B & J Burner Service to better serve their customers
- 1965: Begins offering septic tank pumping service
- 1968: Adds propane to the growing list of services
- 1971: Adds portable toilet rentals
- 1972: Acquires Mar Del Fuels in Elkton, MD
- 1973: Boulden Oil Co. incorporates as Boulden, Inc.
- 1975: Acquires McCarthy & Sons Sanitation
- 1982: Acquires Wilco Supply adding motor oil to the product family
- 1988: Tim Boulden begins working in the motor oil division
- 1991: Buys C.R. Brown Oil Co. in Elkton, MD
- 1991: Expands service business to include air conditioning & heat pumps
- 1991: Sells motor oil division to Sico, Inc.
- 1992: Mike Boulden begins working in the oil & propane division
- 1993: Buys heating oil division of Newark Lumber
- 1994: Purchases A.J. Price Oil Co. in Newark, DE
- 1995: Adds water conditioning to the list of services
- 1996: Acquires Premier Oil in Wilmington, DE
- 1996: Purchases West End Fuels in Wilmington, DE
- 1996: Buys Modern Fuels in Wilmington, DE
- 1996: Plumbing service are added
- 1997: Acquires Skold Services in Newark, expanding the HVAC and plumbing business
- 1997: Adds bottled water
- 1999: Buys Hammond & Taylor Oil in New Castle, DE
- 1999: Sold bottled water division to Aquarius Bottled Water
- 2000: Purchases the heating oil division of Schlosser & Associates in Newark, DE
- 2001: Seeing a decreased demand for heating oil, the decision is made to sell the heating oil division
- 2004: Boulden HVAC joins One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning national franchise
- 2005: Looking to focus on the core businesses of propane, HVAC & plumbing, the septic division is sold to A-1 Sanitation
- 2007: Starts Mister Sparky Electrical Service
- 2007: Urie Boulden, Jr. sells business to Tim & Michael Boulden
- 2008: Sold portable toilet division to A-1 Sanitation
- 2013: 67 years later, the name changes back to Boulden Brothers
- 2019: Sells Propane division
The Boulden Brother’s Way
Whether you need help with your plumbing, heating, cooling services, or electrical services, Boulden Brothers provide reliable service from technicians you can trust anywhere in the New Castle County, Delaware, Southern Chester Counties, Pennsylvania, and Cecil County, Maryland area.
- We offer same-day service in most cases, and always call ahead before our technicians arrive… so no more waiting around for service!
- You’ll know the price before starting the work: no surprises, no hidden fees, no gimmicks. The price you agree to is the price you pay.
- Our technicians, plumbers, and electricians must meet our clean, screened, trained, and timely standard for your safety and peace of mind.
We don’t consider the job finished, not until you’re completely satisfied. It’s that simple, really.
State of Delaware PL-0000908
State of Maryland 63291
State of Pennsylvania PA032369
New Castle County UT1348