If your water heater is over 10 years old, seriously think about replacing it! This infographic does a good job of outlining all of the advantages and disadvantages of switching to a tankless water heater.
As you can see, one of the biggest problems with traditional water heater tanks is that they run the risk of leaks or ruptures that could completely damage your finished basement or garage. Tankless water heaters don’t have to worry about storing water, making them a lot smaller and more efficient.
If your water heater is over 10 years old, you should seriously think about replacing it.
It is important to shop around, ask questions, and find the best home service company to install your new water heater.
When it comes to hot water, we can all agree on three things:
1.) We hate waiting for water to heat up.
2.) Nobody likes a cold shower.
3.) We want hot water at a price we can afford.
Now that we’ve found some common ground, let’s get some facts straight about tankless water heaters vs traditional ones:
- Tankless water heaters use 30 – 50 percent less energy units than a traditional tank.
- Depending on how much water your house requires, you could potentially save up to 60% on your water heating bill.
- Tankless water heaters only heat water when the faucet’s on, saving you on energy costs to constantly have a pilot light on.
- They last twice as long as traditional water heaters and have easily replaceable parts that can extend their life even more.
- The initial upfront price is much higher, but they will last twice as long and save you money every year with its energy efficiency savings, thus offsetting the higher upfront cost.
- If your home uses a lot of water, you may need two tankless water heaters, raising the upfront costs even more. Still, if you are using that much water to begin with, you probably run out of hot water with your traditional tank too.
Before buying a demand water heater, you also need to consider the following:
Whether you choose a tankless or tank water heater for your home, it’s imperative to have a licensed, expert technician install it, as it is an expensive piece of equipment that should be handled with care. The energy efficiency and useful lifespan are heavily dependent on the quality of installation. Don’t let all those benefits go out the window because you wanted to save a little money on the upfront costs.
Boulden Brothers Home Service can help you choose a water heater that best suits your budget and needs.
Don’t forget to check out our latest blog post on WATER HEATER PURCHASING AND MAINTENANCE
If you have any questions about tankless or traditional water heater repair and replacement, pick up the phone and call the experts at Boulden Brothers Home Service at (302) 368-3848.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you might have.
Everyone here at Boulden Brothers wishes you a safe, warm, and happy holiday!