When it comes to hot water, we can all agree on three things:1.) We hate waiting for water to heat up. 2.) Nobody likes a cold shower. 3.) We want hot water at a price we can afford. Now that we’ve found some common ground, let’s get some facts straight about tankless water heaters vs traditional ones:
- Tankless water heaters use 30 – 50 percent less energy units than a traditional tank.
- Depending on how much water your house requires, you could potentially save up to 60% on your water heating bill.
- Tankless water heaters only heat water when the faucet’s on, saving you on energy costs to constantly have a pilot light on.
- They last twice as long as traditional water heaters and have easily replaceable parts that can extend their life even more.
- The initial upfront price is much higher, but they will last twice as long and save you money every year with its energy efficiency savings, thus offsetting the higher upfront cost.
- If your home uses a lot of water, you may need two tankless water heaters, raising the upfront costs even more. Still, if you are using that much water to begin with, you probably run out of hot water with your traditional tank too.
If you have any questions about tankless or traditional water heater repair and replacement, pick up the phone and call the experts at Boulden Brothers Home Service at (302) 368-3848. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any questions you might have. To contact us, you can fill out an online form or send us a message on Facebook and Twitter. Everyone here at Boulden Brothers wishes you a safe, warm, and happy holiday!