As a Newark homeowner, you know just how important it is to maintain the place you live. HVAC maintenance is crucial to home comfort and the prevention of unexpected breakdowns. However, first-time homeowners may not know what to expect from these service visits. Here, you’ll learn more about our AC tune-up services.
Why Regular Tune-Ups are So Important
There are numerous reasons to get an HVAC tune-up, especially for those who want to stay cool and relaxed on the hottest days of the year. Regular maintenance will help ensure the family’s comfort not just during summer, but all year long. Here are a few major benefits of HVAC tune-ups:
- Maintaining the unit’s warranty: When homeowners buy HVAC equipment, they also pay for warranty coverage. If you read the warranty paperwork carefully, you’ll see that yearly tune-ups are essential. Failure to schedule annual maintenance will void the unit’s warranty, increasing out-of-pocket repair costs.
- Extending a system’s lifespan: Like all other machines, AC systems will break down without occasional maintenance. This equipment is a major investment, and it may last for 20 years or more. The longer a system is kept in good shape, the longer it lasts, which will help you get the most out of that investment.
- Improved indoor air quality: The air inside a home can be substantially more polluted than that outside. Monthly filter changes and yearly tune-ups will keep indoor air clean, healthy, and toxin-free. This is especially important if a family member has respiratory issues such as asthma or allergies. If the system is powered by natural gas, your technician will look for CO leaks and make sure the exhaust is functional.
- Protecting the home: When heating systems fail during winter, it can be a danger and an inconvenience. Cold temperatures put families at risk of exposure and serious illnesses, and they increase the chances of burst pipes and water damage. With yearly tune-ups, you’ll winterize the home and prevent sudden disasters.
- Decreased cooling costs: Though Delaware’s climate is largely temperate, summers can get quite hot. While most ACs can tackle these issues well, they may do so at your expense. A pre-season tune-up optimizes the system so it can do its job better and cheaper.
- Using less energy: A home’s air conditioning system uses about half its energy, which can really add up. To conserve energy and natural resources, consider a seasonal service visit.
- Getting in before the busy season: Winter is a busy season for local HVAC professionals as far as installations and repairs are concerned. While unforeseen circumstances can occur, a pre-season tune-up will ensure that the system is up to the task. Avoid scheduling difficulties and save money with seasonal service.
- Getting ready for spring: The beauty about springtime is the ability to open a few windows and let air into the home. Though these mild days provide free ventilation, you’ll be relying on your HVAC system before you know it. Get ready for a hot summer with a spring tune-up.
Are you still curious as to what will happen during your tune-up? Below is a list of our comprehensive yearly maintenance services.
Scheduling a Tune-Up
It’s easy to schedule a yearly service visit. With our online contact form, simply provide your information and preferred appointment date. When you’ve submitted the form, one of our representatives will call for confirmation. Alternatively, you can give us a call to schedule a visit. Once the appointment is booked, you’ll receive an email with the information needed for your tune-up.
Getting Ready for a Service Visit
Many customers ask how they can prepare for an HVAC tune-up. Often, they feel obligated to tidy up before we arrive, but that’s not always necessary. If the path to the unit is clear, that’s all that matters. Here are a few tips for a smooth air conditioning tune up.
- Make a clear path: Most of Newark’s indoor HVAC systems are in attics. Before the technician arrives, be sure the area from the door to the attic is clear. Though we’ll treat your home with respect, we do bring in tools and equipment. Move big furniture out of the way and relocate valuables so they’re safe.
- Move stored items: If there are boxes and storage totes next to the unit, consider moving them before your service visit.
- Clean around the outdoor unit: Pick up debris, toys, and other items. If there are trees or shrubs nearby, be sure they’re trimmed so we can service the system. Keeping the outdoor unit clean will help us maintain its efficiency.
- Secure your pets: At Boulden Brothers, we love animals as much as you do, and that’s why we want them to stay safe during our service visits. Before our technicians arrive, be sure to take steps to secure your pets.
With these simple tips, your tune-up visit is more likely to go smoothly.
Before We Arrive
Life is fast-paced, and it’s easy to forget an appointment. The day before your scheduled visit, you’ll receive a reminder via text and email. We’ve all dealt with service providers who practice poor communication, which can lead to a degree of uncertainty. With our reminder service, those worries are eliminated.
The Day of the Visit
When your tune-up is scheduled, you’ll get a time window within which our technician will arrive. However, that doesn’t mean waiting by the door. We’ll call you when we’re on the way, so you’ll have the freedom to run errands or get other things done.
What to Expect During the Tune-Up
When our friendly and professional technician arrives, they’ll be in uniform so they’re easy to identify. After a brief introduction, you’ll receive an informational packet on our company and your system. As mentioned previously, we’ll treat your home with the utmost respect. Our techs will put on protective shoe covers upon entry and will protect your flooring when climbing into the attic to take a look at the system.
During their visit, the technician will perform a combination of operational assessments and preventive maintenance. For instance, they’ll clean the system’s indoor coils, ensure that the condensate drain is clear, and ensure that the system is maintaining a consistent indoor temperature. They will also change the air filter, rinse the outdoor unit, and check the system for further issues.
Should the technician see any pressing issues, they’ll let you know after the inspection is complete. And, we’ll offer an on-the-spot quote for repairs. In some cases, those fixes can be done the same day, but in other instances, we’ll have to order parts and schedule the repair visit for another day.
The average HVAC tune-up takes anywhere from one to one and a half hours. However, if the home has multiple systems, or if the system hasn’t been serviced in a long time, the visit may take a bit longer. As with all our services, we’ll do the work promptly, professionally, and efficiently.
After the HVAC Tune-Up
Before the technician departs, they’ll review any issues found during the inspection. Some fixes may be more crucial than others, but our knowledgeable technicians are always glad to answer questions and address our customers’ concerns.
Throughout the visit, our technicians will take notes on the condition and operation of your HVAC system. With these records, we’ll be better equipped to service your system in the future. For instance, we can compare and track periodic readings to get a better picture of a system’s performance. Also, this information allows us to bring the right parts and pieces when we come to your home.
Once we’ve compiled this information, we’ll give you a copy for your records. Not only will this information help you schedule future service visits, but it’s also a great asset during a future sale.
After the tune-up is complete, you’ll be able to enjoy the advantages of AC maintenance near me. Not only will that system run efficiently, but it will also last longer. You’ll get the reassurance that comes with heading off unexpected breakdowns and big expenses, and your family will enjoy cool summer and warm winter comfort.
Call Today to Schedule an Annual HVAC Tune-Up Near Newark
Now that you’ve learned what to expect during an HVAC tune-up, it’s time to make an appointment for service. That’s why we’re here! As Newark’s heating and cooling experts, we’re focused on customer service and your satisfaction. Fill out our online form or call today to schedule preventive maintenance and air conditioning repair in Newark, DE.