We realize you have choices for air conditioning, heating, plumbing, electrical and propane service. That’s why we work so hard to be worthy of your trust.
Our Name Goes On Everything We Do
From the days when Omar and Urie Sr began Boulden Brothers Coal in 1946, our family has worked with one guiding principle: do our best for every customer and don’t stop till you’re 100% satisfied. That’s the Boulden way because the Boulden name goes on everything we do.
Clean, Screened, Trained, and Timely People You Can Trust
You can feel secure calling Boulden Brothers because everyone we send to your home is clean cut, background screened, throughly trained, and punctual. We arrive when we say because that’s our first promise to you.
We Believe In Keeping Promises
Boulden Brothers has earned the trust of tens of thousands of customers in our years of serving New Castle County, Delaware, Southern Chester Counties, Pennsylvania and Cecil County, Maryland area. Take our upfront, no surprise pricing, for example. The price you agree to—before any work begins—is the price you pay, even if more work is needed while we’re there. We wouldn’t dream of doing business any other way.
A Brief History of Boulden Brothers
- 1946 • Omar & Urie Boulden, Sr. start Boulden Brothers Coal in Newark, DE
- 1947 • Seeing a decreased demand for coal, Omar & Urie, Sr. add heating oil to the business
- 1959 • Urie Boulden, Jr. starts Boulden Oil Co. in Earleville, MD
- 1963 • Urie, Jr. purchases Boulden Brothers and changes name to Boulden Oil Co.
- 1964 • Boulden Oil purchases B & J Burner Service to better serve their customers
- 1965 • Begins offering septic tank pumping service
- 1968 • Adds propane to the growing list of services
- 1971 • Adds portable toilet rentals
- 1972 • Acquires Mar Del Fuels in Elkton, MD
- 1973 • Boulden Oil Co. incorporates as Boulden, Inc.
- 1975 • Acquires McCarthy & Sons Sanitation
- 1982 • Acquires Wilco Supply adding motor oil to the product family
- 1988 • Tim Boulden begins working in the motor oil division
- 1991 • Buys C.R. Brown Oil Co. in Elkton, MD
- 1991 • Expands service business to include air conditioning & heat pumps
- 1991 • Sells motor oil division to Sico, Inc.
- 1992 • Mike Boulden begins working in the oil & propane division
- 1993 • Buys heating oil division of Newark Lumber
- 1994 • Purchases A.J. Price Oil Co. in Newark, DE
- 1995 • Adds water conditioning to the list of services
- 1996 • Acquires Premier Oil in Wilmington, DE
- 1996 • Purchases West End Fuels in Wilmington, DE
- 1996 • Buys Modern Fuels in Wilmington, DE
- 1996 • Plumbing service is added
- 1997 • Acquires Skold Services in Newark, expanding the HVAC and plumbing business
- 1997 • Adds bottled water
- 1999 • Buys Hammond & Taylor Oil in New Castle, DE
- 1999 • Sold bottled water division to Aquarius Bottled Water
- 2000 • Purchases the heating oil division of Schlosser & Associates in Newark, DE
- 2001 • Seeing a decreased demand for heating oil, the decision is made to sell the heating oil division to Burns & McBride
- 2004 • Boulden HVAC joins One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning national franchise
- 2005 • Looking to focus on the core businesses of propane, HVAC & plumbing, the septic division is sold to A-1 Sanitation
- 2007 • Starts Mister Sparky Electrical Service
- 2007 • Urie Boulden, Jr. sells business to Tim & Michael Boulden
- 2008 • Sold portable toilet division to A-1 Sanitation
- 2013 • 67 years later, the name changes back to Boulden Brothers